Location Assistance Scouting: 2023-24
Submissions are now being accepted.
Submissions close at midnight 30 June 2024 (AEST
IMPORTANT: Please read information below to assist you in completing your application online.
Screen Queensland supports a creative, innovative and successful screen industry through development and investment; secures production to Queensland; and delivers an active screen culture across the state.
The Location Scouting assistance program aims to assist productions with gaining contacts that may assist their project and to liaison with Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and state government agencies, in line with the Film Friendly Pathways Program. Screen Queensland has a long history of assisting productions looking to shoot within its’ borders and is in the ideal position to help facilitate eligible long-form production.
HOW TO COMPLETE THIS FORM
- We’ve introduced an online application system for our programs
- You can save your application at any stage and return to it later
- Depending on your answers, subsequent questions/sections are enabled or disabled so you know precisely what information we require
- You can attach most of the supporting documents we require to your online application
- You’ll receive an email confirmation when you start your submission and an email receipt when we receive your completed application
- You can refer back to your submission at any time
How to apply
Step 1: Determine eligibility
- Read the guidelines to determine if you’re eligible
- Contact us on (07) 3248 0500 to discuss the suitability of your project
Step 2: Register or login to apply online
- First-time users will need to register
- Once registered, you can login to the system and start your application
Step 3: Complete your application
- Complete all details required - mandatory responses are marked with an asterisk *
- Attach supporting materials to your application.
Step 4: Lodge your application
- Once lodged, you’ll receive an automatically generated email with a copy of your application attached and information about how and when your application will be assessed
- We will contact you if we require any further information
- We recommend you save your work regularly (every 15 minutes) during the application process
- Avoid using portable media such as iPhone and iPads as you are more likely to experience time-outs, connection drop-outs and other access issues
- Supporting materials must be no more than 25mb in size. Files exceeding 25mb won’t upload
- Files that can be uploaded are PDF, Word, JPG, TIFF and EXCEL. PDFs are preferred over Word docs
- Video and sounds files are not supported. We recommend you use Vimeo or YouTube and provide us with links
Other handy hints
- Please name your supporting documents appropriately (e.g. Your project name – Budget doc)
- If you don't receive an auto-generated confirmation email, try resubmitting your application. If you’re still having trouble contact Screen Queensland on (07) 3248 0500
What happens next?
- You’ll receive an automatically generated email with a copy of your application attached and information about how and when your application will be assessed
- We'll contact you if we require any further information
What if I need help?
- If you have questions about program eligibility or requirements, contact Screen Queensland on (07) 3248 0500
- If you need more help using this form, download the Help Guide for Applicants or check out Applicant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- There is also a Help function in the top right-hand corner of the application form that you can enable at any time.